Friday 4 November 2011

Arguably the easiest job in the world

I always wonder what the job skills are for a weather men in Singapore. And I know I am not the only one. I guess the job description should look a bit like this:

Education: Junior highschool or equivalent.
Skills: Comfortable in coping with recurring patterns
Proven track record of copy-and-paste skills

Yes, this is arguably the easiest job in the world; take a look at the forecasts underneath! OK, maybe I am underestimating it, as on Monday and Tuesday, the minimum temperature is actually 26° instead of 25°. Fact of the matter is, the weather is pretty much similar all year round, the difference being merely some 2-3 degrees warmer in June and July, and more rain from Oct through Dec.

Many find this weather too hot... I actually enjoy it! And yes, that is probably one of the reasons why I am living here now. Especially the evenings are very comfortable; You can always sit outside for dinner/drinks without having to put on a sweater, shawl, coat...Having said that, I do wear sweaters here, but that is mostly inside, where the air-conditioner temperature is often set at temperatures that would made me call the central heating repair man back in the Netherlands! Nineteen degrees (measured) just does not do it for me, especially not if you are dressed the normal weekend Singapore dress code: shorts, flip-flops, t-shirt.

But at least I did not bring my fleece sweater for nothing.



Weather Forecast Singapore
Saturday
weather forecast for Saturday is Thunder Storms Thunder StormsMax: 31°C
Min: 25°C
Sunday
weather forecast for Sunday is Thunder Storms Thunder StormsMax: 31°C
Min: 25°C
Monday
weather forecast for Monday is Thunder Storms Thunder StormsMax: 31°C
Min: 26°C
Tuesday
weather forecast for Tuesday is Thunder Storms Thunder StormsMax: 31°C
Min: 26°C
Wednesday
weather forecast for Wednesday is Thunder Storms Thunder StormsMax: 31°C
Min: 25°C

No comments:

Post a Comment